KHDA RULES STATE THAT IF YOUR CHILD IS COMING FROM A 12 YEAR SYSTEM THEY MUST BE ASSESSED IN A HIGHER YEAR GROUP E.G. A CHILD WHO HAS COMPLETED YEAR 3 IN A 12 YEAR SYSTEM, WILL BE ASSESSED FOR ENTRY TO YEAR 5.
Note: Due to the demand for FS1/FS2 places, we strongly advise you to register with more than 1 school.
This signed application form does not oblige the school to accept your child. However, once you have been notified of your child’s placement decision and the Registration and relevant term fees have been paid a contract is deemed to exist between the school and the parent/guardians, provided that the school regulations are observed.
The schoolreservesthe rightto place your child in the Yearlevel deemed to be the most appropriate,within the bounds of UnitedArab Emirates’Ministry of Education guidelines.
* Term I includes the miscellaneous fees
- 1) Due dates for payment of fees: First term 15th August 2019, Second term 1st December 2019, Third term 1 st March 2020. Cheques should be made in favor of Star International School.
- 2) Two Post-dated cheques for the 2nd and 3rd installments MUST be paid to the school along with the cash/cheque for the 1st term. If you would like to make cash payments for Term II and III, the cheque will be kept as security deposits which the parents can collect before the cheque due date. If not, these cheques will be deposited on the due date
- Fine for returned Cheque - AED 100
- Fine for bounced Cheque - AED 250
- Postponing the Cheque for 1 week (5 working days) will be AED 100 and any subsequent working days after that will be charged @ AED 25 perday. (Subject to the Principal’s approval)
- Please see the School Policies regarding the Discount, Late Admission and Tuition Refund
If more than one child takes admission from a family of the same parents, then the second child gets 10% discount, third child onwards will get 20%
Discount will be applicable for the lowest fees with following conditions and will be implemented strictly starting September 2016.
- 1. The sibling discount is applicable only if Term I is fully paid and two PDC are submitted on/or before 7th September 2016.
- 2. The discount is to be reflected on the last installment payment. If any of the payments are late, sibling discount will be revoked.
- 3. If the cheque is dishonored due to insufficient fund, the discount will be revoked.
- 4. The discount will not be eligible for late admission students and it will be applicable only from the beginning of ensuing academic year.
- 5. The student will not be entitled to avail more than one discount except in the case of special discount.
- 6. We will NOT be offering any special discount to any organization (like UOD, Emirates etc.,)
LATE ADMISSION FEE POLICY FROM SEPTEMBER 2013
Pupils enrolling in Star International School during the months of September & October will be required to pay full tuition fees, those enrolling on/or after 1st November will be billed as follows:
For entry during the month of:
- November - 90% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- December - 80% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- January - 70% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- February - 60% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- March - 50% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- April - 40% of Annual Tuition fees are payable.
- May to June - 30% of Annual Tuition fees are payable
All fee cheque payments are mandatory with new Central Bank Security features.
According to Ministry of Education regulations, the school reserves the right to withhold the term report until fees have been paid in full.
According to Ministry of Education regulations, the school reserves the right to withhold the final results and abstain from issuing transfer certificates until settlement of all school fees is made.
Re-registration will not be accepted unless all fees due have been paid in full.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
Notice of student withdrawal and application for a tuition refund at the request of the parent/guardian must be made in writing to the school Principal.
Ministry of Education regulations govern the school tuition refund policies outlined below.
For students who are withdrawn from the school during the academic year, fee deduction will be applied as per the KHDA Fees Framework quoted below:
- If the student attends school for two weeks or less, one month’s fee will be deducted.
- If the student attends school for a period ranging between two weeks and one month, two months’ fees will be deducted.
- If the student attends for more than a month, three months’ fees will be deducted.
The school reserves the right to not re-enroll students for the following academic year when fees are repeatedly not paid on time. This will be documented by the school through the issuance of dated warning letters
The school also reserves the right to not issue the concerned student his or her progress report and to refer the issue to the KHDA
Kindly note that school fees are possibly subject to change in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations.
I, as the undersigned parent, am fully aware of the need for comprehensive and accurate information regarding my child and declare that all the details given are true and correct. I also understand the critical need for this information to remain current and undertake to ensure that it is updated whenever necessary. I have read and understood the contents of this form and understand that this and all other requested documents form part of the admission to Star International School, Al Twar and the statutory registration with the Ministry of Education and that, if missing documents are not handed to the school by the date specified by the school, the admission will be subject to cancellation. I undertake to read the school regulations and policies on the school website and to ensure that we, as a family, abide by them in an effort to uphold the reputation of the school.. We are aware of the fact that, periodically, photographs are taken in the school and we give full permission for our child to be included in the photographs even if they are published in school promotional material or media. We are aware of the fact that the assessment fee and registration fee are non-refundable. We are aware that the Term Fees deadlines are as follows: First term 15/08//2019, Second term 01/12/ 2019, Third term 01/03/ 2020 We understand that you will send 3 reminders by email and we agree that if we still fail to pay these fees, then our child’s name/s will be removed from the class list. The school undertakes, in the event of an emergency, to make every effort to contact the parents. If this is not possible the child will be taken either to his/her family doctor, or to a suitable hospital for treatment.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ONCE THE STUDENT IS OFFERED A PLACE IN THE SCHOOL
- CompletedApplication Form
- Non re-fundable registration and admission fee ofAED 500 and 30% of tuition fee
- 2 recent passport sized photos (write child’s name on back of each photo)
- 1 copy of applicant’s birth certificate (must be legally translated if not issued in English or Arabic)
- 1 copy of applicant’s passport and residence visa
- 1 copy of each parent/guardian’s passport and residence visa
- 1 copy of applicant’s school reports for the last 2 years (FS2 and above only)
- 1 copy of applicant’s nursery report for FS1& FS2 if they are attending nursery
- Emirates ID copy of student and parent / guardian
- Transfer Certificate supportingYear Group applied for(If coming from a school outside of Dubai). All transfer certificates for students coming from a school in Dubai will be done online.